ON PORN STAR BROTHERS
(including info on future releases)
– The idea for Porn Star (no brothers at this stage) started after breakfast show host Karl Stefanovic’s name was pronounced wrong at our TV show awards, the Logies, in 2014. And with his nickname of Carlos, it seemed like a porn name, so from that the original idea came to light and grew until the full idea for the series emerged in Jan/Feb 2015.
– In 2015 L.J. did some “research” for the series by watching Boogie Nights and Studio 54. Dirk Diggler’s got nuthin’ on the Porn Star Brothers!
– When Jackie Collins died in 2015, L.J. felt the need to get the books written and out as soon as possible, which is why they were released across the three weeks of the first anniversary of Jackie’s death, what would have been her birthday two weeks later, and the following fortnight. Jackie is L.J.’s author mentor and idol.
– All Porn Star books and short stories are dedicated to Jackie Collins and the Stefanovic brothers.
– The first four Porn Stars (Carlos, Pedro, Tomas, and Retribution) weren’t written until April/May of 2016. The plan was to write them in Dec 2015 / Jan 2016, but L.J.’s mother became seriously ill and production of the books, as well as everything else, was pushed back further and further. The first three, Carlos, Pedro and Tomas were released across Sep/Oct 2016. Retribution was expanded and released in March 2017.
– The original story for Tomas was going to have him as straight as Carlos and screwing women. But when the time came to write the story, the twist had already been made to make him gay and screwing all the men. The story changed again when it was being written and he found love with one man, Roger Dencott, instead.
– Tomas doesn’t know for sure if he’s even gay. He was asexual for 22 years and had never experienced feelings for either sex until his first sexual encounter which just happened to be with a man. Since he’s never been with a woman in any way, he actually has no idea if that’s something he’d like or want to get into. He just believed Roger was it because of the way he got the tingles and he went with it, regardless of the fact he should have dated a lot and experienced other possibilities and people before finally making up his mind. So he actually doesn’t know if he’s straight out gay, potentially bi, or heterosexual and would prefer to be with a woman if he had sex with one.
– Carlos took 4 days to write, Pedro 7 days, Tomas 10 days, and all three were 120 handwritten pages. Retribution took 2 hours and started at 23 handwritten pages. It expanded to 62 pages in the word doc after editing. Also, all four books have been bundled together to form one book called Porn Star Brothers. An omnibus collector’s edition, it features a different cover for the e-book and a completely new one for the paperback novel version.
– The covers for all four first books came from the same photographer on Shutterstock. It wasn’t until nearly a year later when looking for more pictures, that L.J. found out that the guy in the pics she used for Carlos and Retribution was also the photographer of all four pics. He’s Italian, he’s gorgeous, and he’s so damn dreamy!
– An Easter egg or two was planted in these books concerning the number plates of the cars which the boys were kidnapped in. PMS 333 (initials for Pedro Matthew Stephanopoulos), and TGS 333 (initials for Tomas Giorgio Stephanopoulos). The plane flight that Pedro and Angie took was flight 333 from Athens to New York. The 333 stands for the three brothers.
– Forever, the second book in the series, was 389 pages written across 20 days in October 2016. L.J. originally wanted two rings on a satin cushion surrounded by glitter and red hearts. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find anything like it and settled on the two rings surrounded by glitter.
– Love Never Dies, the third book in the series, was 303.5 pages written across 17 days in November 2016. It was emotionally exhausting to write and finish due to the serious nature of the storyline. There was lots of blubbering over that book and the storyline changed after chapter 13.
– L.N.D.’s cover was originally supposed to have two half-naked men cavorting in each other’s arms, looking all hot and sweaty. Not being able to find such a pic to her liking, she found another one, the sunset was perfect, the silhouettes in it, not so much. Finding another picture of two guys that matched the sunset picture perfectly, L.J. had one superimposed over the other and that’s the cover of L.N.D.
– The name for SB3, the family’s nightclub, stands for Stefan/Stephanopoulos Brothers 3.
– There was going to be a novella between Love Never Dies and Stefan but exhaustion took too much out of L.J. and she took a break after Stefan and DeLuca. It may come at a later date as a book of short stories.
– Stefan, the fourth book in the series, was a whopping 782 handwritten pages across 39 days in Dec 2016 and Jan 2017 and L.J. didn’t even want to write it. She was so exhausted after L.N.D. that just staring at that first empty notebook page made her tired. After spending the weekend getting characters and plot lines written down, she picked up her pen and out it came.
– Stefan turned out completely different to the original idea thanks to L.N.D. getting an ending change. During the writing of L.N.D., two particular characters were supposed to be reincarnated in Stefan. But with the ideas for Stefan growing darker each day, and the end being quite repulsive, L.J. decided that since she couldn’t kill off the two characters in L.N.D. they wouldn’t be reincarnated into Stefan, and so Stefan had to have its storyline changed.
– Stefan ended up being far longer than anticipated because L.J. gave her muse its head and let it run. She finally had to rein it in towards the end, otherwise, L.J. could have potentially written 1000 pages plus.
– Stefan is followed by the short story of Simon which took 2 days and 31 pages. Simon was going to be free for download, but when noticing the timing of Simon came between Stefan’s end and its epilogue, it was added to the book. It’s a continuance of the story.
– DeLuca, the fifth book in the series, is based on the DeLuca family and is a continuance to Stefan and the Stephanopoulos saga. It initially took 125 pages across 11 days in 2017, but when getting ready to release it, L.J. realised it needed to be longer, and hand wrote another 60 plus pages in 2019, two years on to the month. She said, “it was like I’d never left the story, and I slipped right back in”.
– This book also made L.J. blubber like a baby as she regrets killing off a certain character in the whole Porn Star Brothers storyline. But then, she wouldn’t have the storyline she had for Stefan. Stories always make sense when they’re finished.
– Spiros & Jenny is the sixth book and a prequel to the whole series. It’s about Spiros meeting Jenny straight off the boat and falling in love with her, their life together in Australia, and then travelling home to Mykonos to live.
– In story order to read – Spiros & Jenny, Carlos, Pedro, Tomas, Retribution (or the boxed set or novel version), Forever, Love Never Dies, Stefan, DeLuca.
– The short stories are based upon characters in each book and pinpoints the time in history when they became who they are in the main series.
– L.J. does the e-book covers for the books but has the paperback editions professionally done.
– L.J. can handwrite up to four chapters, which equates to 40 pages, a day. She can type anywhere from 3-6 chapters a day depending on the weather and how good she feels. If she gets tired, she stops typing and starts editing what’s been written that day then takes a break.
– L.J. uses A4 spiral bound notebooks and blue pens. Although she has used black, blue seems to be better for reading. She only writes on the right-hand side of the page so she can make notes or add-in scenes on the left-hand side when she reviews previous chapters before writing the next.
– L.J. gets her supplies at stationery superstore Officeworks in Australia. She uses J. Burrows notebooks and pens.